We are looking for an Android Developer to join our team of developers! We want a developer that possesses passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
Android Developer duties and responsibilities
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
Android Developer requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge in programming concepts – OOPs, design & coding patterns
- Experience in developing Android applications using Kotlin/Java
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, MVC, MVP, and MVVM pattern
- Strong knowledge of MAPS, Sqlite, GPS functionality, etc.
- Experience in REST API integration
- Familiarity with Android local connectivity API (Bluetooth, WiFi, USB)
- Strong passion for programming in general and Android App development in specific
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong system design and architecture skills specifically for android
- Curiosity to tinker around, explore new paradigms, and strong zest for
- Strong basics and complete exposure to Android development
- Experience in developing SDKs is good to have